Saturday, December 29, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
And yes I am listening to it right now.... Give it a try, it might just change your day!!!
Tomorrow my mom and I might wander off to the beach. I really hope we do so, to me the beach is a little bit of God's magic. The sound of the ocean has an amazing way of washing away all of your worries. Even when you are surround by other beach goers its like you are on your own little island where anything is possible, and everything can change at a moment's notice, the clouds can clear and the sun can come out.
With regards to my little etsy shop, I did create it, but if you tried to find it there wouldn't be anything for sale. I decided that I wasn't quite prepared to spend all of my summer sewing, event though in one way or another I probably will. Also do you know how many people are selling aprons on etsy, its quite a flooded market. And then there was the fact that there are so many decisions to be made, how much tax you should be charging, shipping and billing methods. To be quite honest I was just to darn overwhelmed. And since I will be moving to DC in the fall and my sewing machine will be remaining on the west coast I figure when I am settled in one place again my etsy shop will still be waiting for me and I will tackle the whole thing once again.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
P.S. I don't know if you have noticed yet that I really liked parentheses. To me they are like written secret, something I have quietly whispered to you. So please feel free to read them as so.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Typically I am very against New Year’s Resolutions, because they tend to be unrealistic lists of things that you are never going to fulfill. It’s a continuous reminder of failure. But since I have all this free time and I am not quite sure what’s next I thought making a small list of some things I would like to do differently might not be that bad idea. But very importantly a realistic list of some little things that I would like to add to my daily life.
- Be Active: This does not mean working out everyday (that has not happen since my basketball career ended). But rather getting up and out and doing things; this might mean a walk, lunch with a friend, or an outing to a garden.
- Regularly Blog: Not sure how realistic this is based on my previous project but it is something that I really want to put more effort into.
- Etsy: I would like to open and maintain an Etsy shop so I have something to do with my sewing projects. This might be difficult depending on where I end up in the fall but I have a while before that’s an issue.
- Be Intent: I am really bad at just doing things with out really thinking about this. Especially regarding watching TV and movies; I love both very dearly but I want to starting spending my time more intently; spend my time doing more than just watching the stories of others lives and actually living mine.
- Write more Letters: I think hand written letters are wonderful, I love receiving them and I love sending. I plan to spend 2012 actively supporting the Postal Service through snail mail.
- Be at Peace with the Unknown: Right now there are a lot of things in my life that I just don't have answers to do. The future is a bit unknown. Most days I am pretty okay with this, but sometimes it really gets to me. I hope that I will be able to spend less time worrying about it and enjoying the simple everyday moments.